5 Ways to Get Rid of Gout Pain
If you have ever had gout, here are 5 natural gout treatments you can use to get rid of gout while reducing the chances you'll have another attack. At the very least, these remedies for gout will help you reduce the intensity of future attacks.
1. Blueberries. Blueberries are a great natural gout treatment. Blueberries contain excellent anti-inflammatory properties known as anthocyanins. This useful flavonoid is not only good for gout but also other health problems like heart disease and cancer. Blueberries also possess vitamin C which lowers uric acid levels, the most important of all gout causes.
2. Pineapples. Another great way on how to get rid of gout pain is to eat pineapples. Pineapples help reduce pain and prevent further gouty arthritis attacks. They produce an enzyme called bromelain. Bromelain also helps reduce swelling. It can be taken as a supplement, but you should consult your doctor, especially if you are taking such medicines as aspirin and coumadin (Warfarin). Otherwise, bromelain can be a very effective alternative preventative therapy.
Pineapples also add potassium to your diet. Potassium helps the body eliminate uric acid. This fruit also contains folic acid. Folic acid is a B-complex vitamin and helps repair damaged tissue scarring caused during an attack. You can use this to supplement other natural remedies for gout that you use.
3. Strawberries. Strawberries main claim to helping with this arthritic disease is it's high quantities of vitamin C compared to many other fruits. Strawberries, along with pineapples also consist of quercitin. Quercitin can be bought as a supplement and reduces swelling.
4. Bananas. Bananas main ingredient for treating gout is potassium. Again, potassium is known to help turn uric acid crystals into liquid so the kidneys can eliminate them from the body. These crystals are what cause the pain and damage to joints during an attack.
5. Grapes. Grapes also contain anthocyanins. The darker the variety of grapes, the greater the quantity of these flavonols. So choose a darker grape if you are trying to overcome an attack or prevent a future one.
Using these 5 natural gout treatments will help you reduce or eliminate current and future attacks. I eat fruits regularly because of their positive effects on gouty arthritis and I have also used bromelain and quercitin, both with good results.